« Home | And so it begins » | Where art thou o barbecue? » | Don't forget to step outside the box. » | A break in the weather » | What a slacker, eh? » | Surprise! » | Wow! Go New England Barbecue! » | Weekend Barbecue! » | The season winds down » | Thanks! » 

Friday, April 27, 2007 

Nightque

This is a late night post. Or should I say "early morning"?

One of my favorite things about barbecue is being outside in the middle of the night. This is my first big cook since mid-winter. I've got eight or nine guys coming over for an evening of barbecue, cigars and Texas Hold'em. And I suppose there'll be a drink or two.

But right now, it's mild outside. Down the valley from my house hundreds of peepers are just going to town. I love this time of year. It's too early for bugs but not too early to be smoking meat.

Peace be with ya'll.

Chris