« Home | Saturday by the smoker » | Game on #2 » | Game on. » | A new look! » | Smoked meat as a supplement » | Making Smoked Chicken Stock » | A weekend at home! » | I have a cow, Dude! » | The Wedding! » | Bachelor Party! » 

Monday, January 02, 2006 

Xmas for the foodee!

Happy Holidays Folks!

I hope everyone had an excellent holiday and is ready to get back into the groove of life again. We had a perfect vacation that involved doing virtually nothing. I didn't even spark up the smoker, believe it or not. Of course, that had something to do with the RAIN we had most of the week. I hate rain in winter. It just ain't right. But, enough about the weather - lets talk about Xmas!

My wife surprised me with an absolutely excellent Christmas gift that will be just great for summer parties and the Harpoon BBQ event. She got me a Camper Kitchen from Cabela's. Check out the pic:



The unit is six feet wide, has pantry cabinets under the wings and even hanging hooks for lamps! It was a wonderful surprise. I'm already salivating over the thought of having it at this summer's BBQ competition. I was planning on buying more tables, but now I won't need so many - plus I've got storage and opportunities to be better organized that I didn't have before!

We also got a brilliant surprise gift from my younger brother - three Henkles Pro S knives!



He gave us a small cleaver, 6" chef's knife and a larger chef's knife that will arrive soon. I honestly had no idea how crappy our knives were. I mean, I knew they weren't chef-grade knives, but man-o-man are these new knives terrific!

There were other gifts as well, but most of them weren't centered around my passion for food. All in all it was a stellar holiday and a darned good vacation. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and that life brings you good luck in the new year!

I think it's time for Barbecue!

Best,

Chris

Glad to see you blogging again.

Now get cooking!

First time visitor. I will be competing for the first time this year and love the camper kitchen. Might just have to get me one to sit next to the ole smoker.

Cool blog. Talk to you later.

Post a Comment