« Home | Howlin' for a good cause » | We completed our second competition in two weeks t... » | Tomorrow » | Trials and Tribulations » | Baaaahhhbecuuue! » | Competition Update » | Nightque » | And so it begins » | Where art thou o barbecue? » | Don't forget to step outside the box. » 

Saturday, July 07, 2007 

Why I love my wife

Yesterday, July 6th, was our 16th wedding anniversary. Most folks would go out and have a fancy meal or go to a show or perhaps even travel to celebrate the event. Us? We stayed home. And what did we do?

We practiced for Harpoon!

And it was my wife's suggestion to do so. This is why I love my wife.

We tried an interesting approach to pork chops with a peach glaze. It was interesting but will require more thought and tinkering. Farmer Girl, however, did a brilliant baked item on the grill that we might try using in the Chef's choice category during the Harpoon grilling competition.

Later on in the evening, I cranked up the pit and stuffed it with eight little pork shoulders. I'm cooking them in advance of a benefit we're vending for next weekend. So far, they seem to be coming along nicely. I wish we had the blog equivalent of smell-o-vision. They smell fantastic.


Next on the smoker are a pair of St. Louis-style pork ribs, each treated a little differently to give me a feel for how I could be cooking better ribs. In addition, I'm throwing some eggs on the top shelf because we're bringing smoked deviled eggs to a party one of our sponsors is holding tonight. And...then there's the Atomic Buffalo Turds. They'll go on after the pork comes off.

And to think...it's only 9:00am!

C.

Man, that looks great. I can't wait to meet you and your wonderful wife at Harpoon. (After judging of course!)

Post a Comment