« Home | Officially Done » | Why we do this » | Harpoon! » | We interrupt your regularly scheduled program... » | Smoke in the Mountains: The 2008 Lake Placid I Lo... » | The Merrimack Rockin' Ribfest - Day Two » | The Merrimack Rockin' Rib Fest - Day One » | And now for something completely different... » | Is the fire out? » | Superbowl Que » 

Thursday, September 11, 2008 

Good Luck, My Friends!

This weekend's NEBS KCBS contest is the Harvard Fall Festival which, as I understand it is a great little contest. It's held in Harvard Mass on a farm. We've never been, but have heard nothing but good things about it. We have friends who are going - teams Feeding Freindz and Boneyard Smokers, and I can assure you, we'll be thinking good thoughts for them as they try to compete with the regulars on our circuit. Good luck guys!

We would have signed up for it this season were it not for a conflict with our favorite local fair - The Tunbridge World's Fair. The Tunbridge Fair is one of those small fairs that still places agriculture and history at the forefront, and to us it's one of our favorite events of the year. Last evening our 10-year old son said that fair time was "just like Christmas!" I couldn't agree more. Although I don't do rides (fair food, centrifugal force and this blogger do not make a good mix), I'm there for two reasons - the sights and the food. I've already made a list of what'll be on my menu over the next few days, and it includes some good barbecue. Pauline and Dave from Vermont Barbecue will be vending, so they're on the list. There'll also be such treats as fired dough and sausage grinders. I won't bore you with the list at the moment, but I'll post a review and commentary from the fair this weekend.

Cheers, and good luck to our friends in Harvard!

C.